Flash Pre-Built Players
Flash streaming involves a video file (.flv extension) and a Shockwave
Player (.swf extension). The Shockwave player is usually embedded in a
page and delivered over HTTP, while the Flash or file (e.g. Video or audio)
is streamed to the player using Macromedia's RTMP protocol. Our customers
are welcome to use one of our pre-built players, or to create their own
using the Shockwave/Flash Custom
If you are using our pre-built players, all you need to do is upload your
flv file to your PlayStream account. To test our players (see skins available
below), you will need to generate an object/embed tag for Flash Streaming
- Login into your PlayStream account
using your Customer Login and Password.
- Select "Manage your Content".
- Click on the "Manage Content" button next to the applicable
- Navigate and click on the flash media (extension flv) for which you
want to generate the custom embedded player.
- Click on the link labeled: "Generate Object/Embed Tag."
- Select your width and height. The most common are 160 X 120, 240 X
180 and 320 X 240.
- Select your skin by clicking on the drop down.
- Auto start option: if checked box, it will start playing your video
automatically. If unchecked, your end-user will need to click on “play”
button to start playing your video.
- Click the "Generate" button.
- The code should be generated for you.
- Select “preview” at the bottom of the page to preview
your file. If you like what you see, click close window button and
then copy and paste the code that appears in the text box into your
NOTE: Our pre-built Flash Players will only stream, and
not progressively download. If you wish to progressively download your
Flash media, you will need to create your own Flash Player. For information
on how swf and flv works, please click